Salaam Alaikum,

Earlier this morning, I had a heart-to-heart talk with one of my best friends, Haya. I guess we were both worrying about the same thing and we found comfort in what we needed to say.
And her reply to what was going on was "Dude we are so smart when we are heartbroken."
That's kinda true. Each and everytime Haya and I generalize about the world, make assumptions or just blatantly blow off all the fury we have, we bring the best out in each other and maybe that's one of the great reasons we get along really well.

I really feel connected to her and the way we comfort and support each other sometimes may seem a bit superficial and silly, but in reality, we give each other great advice-- sometimes the medicine to our heartbreaks.

Our ability to connect and pour our hearts out to each other without feeling embarrassment makes me feel all the more fortunate. And her response to my insolent dronings and complaints is "We are focusing on what's in our own lil puddles when we have yet to experience the oceans of the world."

Sometimes she comes up with the most incredible sayings and advices that she blows me away. Like seriously, she's like a Rumi freak but even Rumi couldn't think of that. Though sometimes she can be a crackhead and say the most freakishly stupidest thing in the history of history, when it comes down to listening and understanding, she has the eyes and minds of a really amazing being.

And then apart from Haya, there's Mike. It's as if he knows the right words to say in the right situations which are absolutely unbelievable. Whenever I'm stuck in a situation, I always think to myself as to what Mike would do in certain situations and Mike would do the right thing but because I can be stubborn, I have to defy him and go ahead and screw things up. But I'm still learning and once again, like Haya, he brings the best out in me. I don't think I can ever match up to him not just as a Muslim, but as a human being.

The ability to say "No," hold back and turn the table in times of moral pursuits are so immense that sometimes I become overly jealous of such charisma and passion he has for always doing the moral thing. And maybe that's one reason why he's such a great follower of Islam. He puts Allah SWT before himself and everyone else because Allah SWT matters first and foremost. Though I have never idolized anyone so young before, this is truly my first time where I am able to look up to someone my age and realize the potential and diligence he has in order to progress himself toward becoming a more just and practicing Muslim.

Any human being that has the tolerance to give up his own pleasures for the sake of doing the right deeds, pleasing Allah SWT and bettering himself as a Muslim is truly worth being around. And I hope that with time, InshaALLAH, I can become more like him and less like myself. Allah SWT knows best.

As for those who believe and do good works no burden do We place on any soul, but that which it can bear,- they will be companions of the Garden, therein to dwell (for ever). And We shall remove from their hearts any lurking sense of injury; beneath them will be rivers flowing; and they shall say: "Praise be to God, who has guided us to this (felicity): never could we have found the right path, had it not been for the guidance of God: indeed it was the truth, that the messengers of our Lord brought to us." And they shall hear the cry: "Behold! the garden before you! You have been made its inheritors, for your deeds of righteousness." (Al-Araf, 42-43)

Wa Alaikum Salaam

2 comments:

Hayati said...

Aww that was so cute! LOL @ 'Rumi Freak'!
I luv ya! <3

Three Muslimteers forever!

Iya said...

Forever and ever, Ameen. :D
JazakALLAH Khair.