Salaam Alaikum,
I can't remember the exact name of the book and the author, but this is an excerpt from one of the author's book.
------------------

When I wear Hijab...
I please Allah. I am obeying the commands of my Lord when I wear the hijaab and I can expect great rewards in return.
It is Allah's protection of my natural beauty. I am too precious to be "on display" for each man to see.
It is Allah's preservation of my chastity. Allah purifies my heart and mind through the hijaab. Allah beautifies my inner and outer countenance with hijaab.
Outwardly my hijaab reflects innocence, purity, modesty, shyness, serenity, contentment and obedience to my Lord. Inwardly I cultivate the same.
Allah defines my femininity through the hijaab. I am a woman who respects her womanhood. Allah wants me to be respected by others, and for me to respect myself.
Allah raises my dignity through the hijaab. When a strange man looks at me, he respects me because he sees that I respect myself.
Allah protects my honor 100% through my hijaab. Men do not gaze at me in a sensual way, they do not approach me in a sensual way, and neither do they speak to me in a sensual way. Rather, a man holds me in high esteem and that is just by one glance at me!
Allah gives me nobility through the hijaab. I am noble, not degraded because I covered, not naked.
Allah demonstrates my equality as a Muslim woman through the hijaab. My Lord bestows upon me equal worth as my male counterpart, and gives me a host of beautiful rights and liberties.
I express my acceptance of these unique rights by putting on the hijaab.
Allah defines my role as a Muslim woman through the hijaab. I am someone with important duties. I am a reflection of a woman of action, not idle pursuits. I display my sense of direction and purpose through my hijaab. I am someone that people take seriously.
Allah expresses my independence through the hijaab. I am stating clearly that I am an obedient servant of the Greatest Master. I will obey no one else and follow no other way. I am not a slave to any man, nor a slave to any nation. I am free and independent from all man-made systems. Allah gives me the freedom of movement and expression through the hijaab. I am able to move about and communicate without fear of harassment.
My hijaab gives me a unique confidence.
Allah wants others to treat me - a Muslim woman - with kindness. And the hijaab brings about the best treatment of men towards me.
Allah wants my beauty to be preserved and saved for just one man to enjoy - my husband. Allah helps me to enjoy a successful marriage through wearing hijaab. Because I reserve my beauty for one man alone, my husband's love for me increases, he cherishes me more, he respects me more and he honors me more. So my hijaab contributes to a successful and lasting marriage relationship.
Allah brings about peace and stability in the society through the hijaab! Yes this is true! Men do not cause corruption by forming illegal relationships because I - the Muslim woman - calm their passions. When a man looks at me, he feels at ease, not tempted to fornicate.

So a Muslim woman in hijaab is dignified, not dishonored, noble, not degraded, liberated, not subjugated, purified, not sullied, independent, not a slave, protected, not exposed, respected, not laughed at, confident, not insecure, obedient, not a sinner, a guarded pearl, not a prostitute.
Wa Alaikum Salaam

1 comments:

TehBoogieMonsterMan ^___^ said...

MashAllah loved the post!