Salaam Alaikum,

Ali Zafar's Ramadan Statement:

Hi fellows,
Sorry for the late post but had been occupied in thoughts for a long time. I think it is time to share my experience of going through one of the most enlightening phases of my life with the hope that it’ll bring good into your life too. (The objective is not to preach, it is just to share how I feel with all the dear readers).In Ramadan I started reading the translation and tafseer of “The Quran” again in depth with thoughtfulness and all subjectivity, and I must say, what a book! (although I still haven’t finished). I’ve often witnessed most people just being told to read through the Arabic but I believe that the purpose doesn’t serve in completion untill one reads in a language one can understand, since it’s purpose is to guide us as to how to be good to ourselves, to God, to our family, to the society and to the entire humanity and furthermore, nowhere has God or the Prophet (PBUH) ever stopped us from reading it on our own. The pursuit of truth and knowledge is the best addiction. It’s bound to give you so many answers yet raise so many further questions which again propel you to dig deeper to look for them and find them and so the process goes on. During this process, you keep shedding off your fears, hang ups, complexes and other negative elements as you get to know more about your conscience and existence and the true essence of life. Feelings of hatred, jealousy, anxiety, anger and frustration are subdued and feelings of love, humbleness and tolerance enhance to the beauty of it.Allah says about this book:
There hath come to you from Allah a (new) light and a perspicuous Book. Wherewith Allah guides all who seek His good pleasure to ways of peace and safety, and leads them out of darkness, by His Will, unto the light, guides them to a Path that is Straight.
(Al-Ma’idah 5:15-16)
O mankind! there hath come to you a direction from your Lord and a healing for the (diseases) in your hearts, and for those who believe, a Guidance and a Mercy. Say: “In the Bounty of Allah. And in His Mercy, in that let them rejoice”: that is better than the (wealth) they hoard. (Yunus 10:57-58)The need in me occurred due to the two questions in my mind;
a) “Why am I a Muslim” and the answer was “because I was born in a Muslim family.” But shouldn’t the answer rather be “because I read the book of God and its logic compels me to love it and embrace it with my own choice?”
b) Why are Muslims all over the world suffering the most? Can I be of any help?
I believe each one of us can. But how, for this we need to dig deeper into our souls, read and acquire knowledge of this Book and many others and find some answers. We can’t defend our faith or religion untill we ourselves are not aware of its true essence which seems to have been lost with time and also embrace it into our lives. We all make mistakes, so have I, and might in the future as well but atleast the will and determination to improve is there and hopefully shall never come to rest. That’s what I believe in and thought would share it with all of you and it may help me in becoming a better person and someone else too P.S. If someone has any confusion or queries regarding anything, you can always put forward, we can always look for the answers together Peace
Source: http://www.alizafar.net/blog/

Wa Alaikum Salaam

0 comments: