Salaam Alaikum,

So you know how we always complain and nag about the smallest things and sometimes even the biggest? Well, I got a chance to ponder about that and came to terms that whatever happens is by the grace of Allah swt. So whether I get into the University/College of my choice or not, whether I meet the people I want or not, whether I get a chance to go to space or not is all in the Hands of Allah Swt. So when we complain about it, we're really pretty much questioning Allah's works and our kismat [fate].

And to be quite honest, both good and evil, chance and mishaps are from Allah Swt. That's not to say that Allah is always creating doom or He doesn't like me and so on and on because He also gave us free will-- one chance to change our destiny.

There are times when we can't always put the blame on Allah, Astaghfirullah. Because the Prophet PBUH said, "Tie your camel first, then put your trust in Allah" (At-Tirmidhi). 

With that being said, we have to take the first steps in whatever it is we want to achieve, make lots of du3a2, put our faith in Allah and leave the rest to Allah swt.

So if I fail my test, it's not because Allah decided to hate me that day, but more so because I was lazy and didn't study. But there are times when it turns out for the best. By me failing that test, I may have learnt a valuable lesson, whatever that lesson may be. Yunno, we somewhat DO have a way to control our fate in the smallest possibilities if we are given that hint of free will. There are so many ways and in the smallest of things and oftentimes, we end up taking those chances for granted. But like they say, everything happens for a reson, good or bad. If I end up missing that bus once again, there may very well be a perfectly reasonable explanation for that because by the end of all my frustration, I may have ended up meeting someone waiting for the next one. And who knows... maybe something useful could have come out of meeting that certain person.

Each dilemma we face is truly a test from Allah swt and how we handle each situation shows Allah swt not only our ability to reason and rationalize, handle adversities, our character, but also we are putting ourselves in front of Allah as to how we would react on the Day of Judgement. And Allah even says that "After hardship will always come ease." Nor does Allah burden a being more than he can bear. So regardless of how much we suffer and go through extreme pain, if we endure it with patience and gratitude, at the end of it will always be something to relax and fall back on. Remember: After hardship will always come ease.

Wa Alaikum Salaam

2 comments:

Maryam said...

You hit the nail right on the head.

That last paragraph should be printed off and framed as a daily reminder.

I think that's something I really had to learn to deal with in the last few months; staying strong when I'm tested.

When I'm faced with hardship, it's hard for me to sit down and think "ok, this is a test from Allah swt... Will I pass?" I usually go crazy and turn into wolverine.

I shall add this post to my favorites.

JazakAllah hu Khair for the reminder. much needed.

Iya said...

Salaam Alaikum Sis,
I've had the same problem as well. I used to get so angry and I couldn't think straight but recently, I've learned to step back and really think about it.
I appreciate your kindness, thank you for reading and commenting. :D
JazakAllah Khair.