Salaam Alaikum,

Ramadan is approaching soon, only a few days left. And recently, a thought just popped into my head... what if I started wearing hijab during Ramadan and started to continue wearing it even after Ramadan and InshaALLAH throughout my life on this Earth? And then I realized how much blessings I would receive, please Allah swt, my parents and myself as well. Not only that, but it'd give a whole lot of meaning to what defines a Muslimah in a stereotypical environment. And the best part is that I would have one way of spreading dawah in a community of being the only practicing Muslimah.

You know, I was really excited about the idea. In fact, I wanted to do it from a while back but the stupidest reasons were holding me back. And now, those reasons are nothing compared to how much I will actually please my Creator.

Even though it makes me feel a bit nervous and scared, I'm immensely excited at the same time. Taking a 4 year gap from hijab has stripped me of so much confidence that putting it back on is actually making the entire process scary.
I feel as though I'll end up with cold-feet and back out as I'm about to head out of my room. But then a sister sent me a PM saying:
Alhamdulillah sis, I think you've taken a BIG step in the right direction to start thinking about wearing the hijab. :D Let us remember to always have the correct intention when doing something, so we don't waver. You know what might help when wearing it is: At the height of your iman when your thinking about all the beautiful amazing things hijab has to offer you write it ALL down and then next time when your iman feels down or you think maybe not such a good idea after all - you just get the piece of paper ( pinned to your hijab at ALL times lol) and read it. Trust me this works! Reminder to both of us: ' Beware! Look at whom you are disboeying, rather than the size of the sin'. May Allah make it easy for us, its not easy being an outcast and being the only one but its just another test. May Allah give us the strength and courage to Obey Him.

You know, that's such a wonderful idea. I already have a list. :D
SO InshaALLAH, I am looking forward to this Ramadan and wearing the hijab. Please make du3a2 that it becomes easier with time and that I actually stick to it. May we all work hard to reach our ultimate goal: Jannah. Ameen.

Wa Alaikum Salaam

2 comments:

TehBoogieMonsterMan ^___^ said...

MashAllah congrats since! I totally know what you mean! Best of luck and may you start wearing it persistently!

Iya said...

Thank you sister. :D