Salaam Alaikum,

Over the past few days, I have had such an Imaan rush. I can't tell if it's good or not, but it definitely is an amazing yet overwhelming feeling. I so badly want to be the best Muslimah I am capable of in this lifetime, let go of useless things, and focus on My Creator, the BEST and most MERCIFUL of all. And I want to do all of this now. So I began to make beneficial use of my internet time since I'm online all day, anyway. I pulled up different lectures, shaykhs, Imans and started listening and watching those videos. Believe me, I've learned a whole lot on it.

Next came the most difficult thing: Removing males from my contact list. I didn't know how they would react to it but I did what I did for the sole cause of pleasing Allah swt. At the moment, I was unsure of whether I was doing the right thing or not but then when I thought of how much I would please Allah swt, how much I would benefiting from this and lessen sins, and most importantly, I would be one more step closer in focusing on none other than Allah swt. No guy, no person and certain no materialistic thing is ever any worth than the amount of Love, Mercy and Compassion I have for Allah swt. I did get responses back which questioned my intention because it wasn't as if I removed certain males and kept some, but rather I removed ALL. I don't get why anyone would be mad if my main intention was for pleasing none other than Allah. Chatting unnecessarily with males is a total waste of time and energy-- time I could be using to learn more about Islam instead of falling into Shaytan's trap.

From now on, I'm gonna be taking small steps InshaALLAH in order to fulfill whatever mission I need to so that Allah swt is content with me and once I have established these fundamentals, I can work even harder in reaching Jannah. InshaAllah.

Wa Alaikum Salaam

2 comments:

Aisha Aapi said...

Keep it up! use those Imaan rushes, take advantage of them. They are a blessing and yes its normal, because Imaan increases and decreases so hold tight to the rope of faith!

Iya said...

Salaam,
Thank you Sis.
And yes, that does happen [Imaan rushes].